Friday, April 13, 2012

There are so many things we take for granted in life.  God blessed Nathan and I with our beautiful baby girl with no issues or complications.  We have been unbelievably fortunate in all things.  I say this in relation to the TLC television show The Little Couple.  This show is about Bill and Jennifer Klein, two little people, married and living in Texas.  They have faced a great deal throughout their lives related to their physical condition.  But they are incredibly positive, funny, and caring people.  They have been successful in love and in their professions.  Over the past two seasons, the show has documented their attempts at having a baby of their own.  They have had to face the fact that it is too dangerous for Jennifer to bare a child and have now gone through two cycles of implanting embryos in a surrogate.  They have lost one pregnancy and the second time around they didn't even achieve that.  It's incredibly heartbreaking.  It makes me so thankful for how simple it was for me to conceive, carry, and deliver my precious baby girl.  I hope that all those who have been blessed with healthy pregnancies and healthy children to remember its not always the case for everyone.  Be grateful every day.  I know I am.

No comments: