Monday, April 16, 2012

   This past weekend we had Carrie's first birthday party celebration.  Surrounded by family and friends, my beautiful little girl had a great time.  Winnie the Pooh was all over the place and we played "Pin the Hunny Jar on the Pooh Bear".  She opened tons of great gifts from those who her including a wagon, a sand box, a bead maze, blocks, books, stuffed animals, and lots of fun things to play with outside this summer.  And the cake...she looooved the icing.  Not so much the actual cake (she spit it out) but she loved the icing.  We stripped her down and she dove in but did so in a relatively neat fashion.  I only cried when everyone sang Happy Birthday (we had to do it twice, that's my bad).  I can't believe a year has come and gone.  All I can think about was 8:44am on Thursday, April 21st these days.  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store...but at the same time, it doesn't have to come so damn quickly. :-)    


                        

No comments: